Special needs trust in New Hampshire

A special needs trust is a way for parents to leave money for a child with a disability to assist with their care or generally make their life better, without jeopardizing Medicaid and SSI benefits that the adult child is getting.

At Parker Counsel Legal Services, we have a Portsmouth NH special needs trust attorney who can help parents figure out options for making sure their special needs child is cared for even after the parents are no longer around. A special needs trust that is properly prepared by a Portsmouth NH special needs trust lawyer will let parents, grandparents, and others leave money for the care of the child without causing the child to lose critical Medicaid benefits.

We can also help prepare for an SSI application at the age of 18 if the child has money in their own name, such as custodian accounts, bonds, or other money held in savings or stocks. We can advise on a variety of options to transfer those assets into a special needs trust or ABLE account, or discuss other methods to reduce assets below the qualification level for SSI benefits.

Contact us at 833-RED-BOOT (833-733-2668) or legal@parkercounsel.com to set up a short phone call to see how we can help your family.