“What happens to my special needs child when I’m gone?”

You worry about the answer to that question, and we can help. Stop stressing about the unknown and make a plan.  Find out how to put special needs trust and guardianship to work for you. 


Key One: Build a Community of Caregivers

Formal appointment of guardians, trustee, therapists, case managers and the like is important, but so are the friends and family connections in the community. 

Key Two: Protect Financial Supports

Protect and maximize Social security benefits, Medicaid, parental support, work income through the use of special needs trusts and ABLE accounts. Find out more. 

Key Three: Create Transition Tools

A record of important information ranging from family history to medical information to daily routines and even parenting philosophy gives your future caretakers guidance in caring for your child when you are no longer able to do so. 

Key Four: Complete Legal Documents that will ensure your plan works the way you intend.

Imagining your plan is only the first step.  Next, prepare an estate plan and related documents with an attorney in a special needs law firm to ensure your intentions are carried out and are enforceable.  You may also need a legally appointed guardian to protect your child, or other documents that give people the necessary authority to support your child’s needs. Check out our Fearless Family Legal Document Package. 

Estate Planning, Special Needs Trusts, Wills, Power of Attorney, Guardianship, and more. A special needs law firm focused on your needs. 


1-833-RED-BOOT (833-733-2668)
Schedule Information Call


Austin, Texas: 8711 Burnet Rd, Ste E50, Austin TX 78757
Western Massachusetts:  123 Union Street, Ste 201 #3, Easthampton MA 01027 (appointments also available in Springfield)
New Jersey: 280 W Main St, Denville, NJ 07834
New Hampshire: 155 Fleet St., Portsmouth, New Hampshire 03801

Things a Parker Counsel special needs planning attorney can do for you:

  • Comprehensive estate planning, including planning with special needs trusts
  • Supported decision-making planning for individuals to encourage independence and self-advocacy
  • Representation in guardianship and conservatorship proceedings
  • Advice regarding administration of special needs trusts for individual trustees
  • Non-judicial settlement agreements to resolve issues involving special needs trusts
  • Public-benefits counseling
  • Caregiver-service contracts
  • Long-term care planning for caregiver parents
  • Consultation for personal-injury settlements
  • Consultation in family law involving spouses and children with disabilities regarding alimony, child support, and division of marital assets