Dallas and Plano Special Needs Trust Attorney

A special needs trust is part of a comprehensive plan parents need to have in place to ensure that their child with a disability is well cared for to the end of their life.

If your child has a developmental disability that prevents them from caring for themselves as an adult, they may be eligible for SSI (supplemental security income) and Medicaid. But those benefits are only available to people with disabilities who have little income and few assets, so parents must use a special needs trust to leave money for the care of their child after the parents are gone. This involved creating a trust and then preparing a will that directs the child’s inheritance into the trust. You can read more about the basics of the special needs trust here.

At age 18, you may also need to seek guardianship for your child. We can help you apply in Dallas County, Tarrant County, Collin County, and Denton County for guardianship. You’ll find answer to common Texas Guardianship questions here.

And of course, the best way to get more information is to give us a call. We’re happy to chat on the phone or by email about your situation to see if we can help you out with your legal needs. 833-RED-BOOT (833-733-2668) or legal@parkercounsel.com

If you live in Dallas County, Denton County, Collin County or Tarrant County we’re ready to help you protect your child.

Contact us at 833-RED-BOOT (833-733-2668) or legal@parkercounsel.com to find out what we can do for you.