Building a Community of Caregivers Workshop
(This workshop is available on a rolling start basis, beginning August 18, 2012. Register now. )
Have you ever caught yourself thinking about what will happen to your child when you die?
Chances are, your answer is yes. I’ve done it myself. As parents, we’re told that our job is to raise our kids and to teach them the tools they need to take care of themselves out in the world on their own. But when you have a child who will never be able to take care of themselves alone, a child who will need parenting all their life, there’s no model that shows us how to prepare to stop parenting even though our child continues to need us.
The models we do have are not comforting. Probably you think about the specter of “institutionalization” and how much you want to avoid that. And then you stop thinking because you don’t know what to do.
So you concentrate on your child’s daily needs, tell yourself you don’t have time to deal with it now, and pretend like you will never die.
It doesn’t have to be so scary.
There are Four Keys to a complete, effective plan for the future of a special needs child:
- A community of caregivers
- Financial Planning
- Legal Documents to enforce and implement the plan
- Transition Tools
- Worried about what will happen to your child when they grow up?
- Worried about what will happen when you die, or become elderly and unable to care for your child?
- Worried about your child having to live in an “institution,” with no one to care about him and no one to care about his happiness?
- Are you overwhelmed thinking about who in your family could take over if something happens to you tomorrow, let alone in 30 or 40 years?
- Is this something you’ve been putting off because it’s hard, and you have to take care of your child right this minute?
Well today can lead to all of this changing for you in a very short period of time, which starts right away…
…When you join the Fearless Family Workshop.
I can tell you from personal experience, with my own family and with my client families, that you are NOT alone in dealing with your fear, overwhelm, and uncertainty.
The fact is, every parent will die. Most parents will die before their child does. So whether you like it or not, whether you think there is anyone out there or not, someone other than a parent will be taking care of your special needs child at sometime in their life. You can leave the choice to chance, you can leave the happiness and safety of your child to chance, or you can take charge now . . .
Register now for the FEARLESS FAMILY Building a community of Caregivers workshop, a self paced, online program that will teach you what you need to create a solid plan to include many people in your child’s care when you are gone. But more than that, this program will go beyond teaching and actually take you through the process of developing a community and a plan to keep that community going, involved, and an integral part of your child’s care and life. At the end of this program, you will KNOW that there will be a community of caregivers ready, willing and able to step in and help your child.
This Workshop is entirely online, using video lecture, worksheets, action assignments, Q&A, and other tools. It is appropriate in all states and can be completed from anywhere. Work at your own pace and at times convenient for you. The entire workshop is designed to be completed over approximately four weeks.
The FEARLESS FAMILY Building a Community of Caregivers Workshop $195
Pamela’s personal and professional connection to this topic is deep. As an attorney, her work with special needs families in developing the legal documents needed to protect their children has given her the insight to know how badly families want to protect and care for their special children, and just how hard it is for them to confront the fears and the unknown and take action.
Pamela is an action girl. This is NOT a training program. This is NOT an information session. This IS a workshop where you will WORK and CREATE.
- How to identify people who will stay involved in your child’s life
- Simple ways to build community and keep them invested in your child’s well-being
- Communication techniques that prevent losing touch
- How to reach beyond family to find people interested in being in your child’s life…
…And you’ll TAKE ACTION TO:
- Ensure your child always has someone to step in when needed
- Get more people actively involved with your child
- Prevent neglect
- Keep your love surrounding your child even when you’re gone
So grab your spot now
“The Fearless Family Program: Building a Community of Caregivers”…
And find out how you can sleep better at night knowing you have a community of caregivers around your child for life….
Get Your Spot Now… $195
Seriously guys, I wouldn’t send this to you unless I thought it was important enough to spend your very precious time on.
Your familyhas been fearless about seeking the proper care and services for your child. It’s time to be fearless about confronting the future.
P.S. Registration is open now. Don’t miss out…Get Your Spot Now… $195